If you need to stop exhaust noise and seal out dangerous fumes, VersaChem® High Temperature Exhaust System Repair Tape can handle the job. It is made from aluminum, a high temperature bonding agent, and it does not contain any harmful asbestos.
- Thoroughly clean surface of exhaust system to be repaired with sandpaper, wire brush or steel wool.
- Make sure exhaust system is not hot before applying tape.
- Peel liner from tape and discard.
- Wrap tape tightly around repair area and overlap the winding ½” apart making sure repair area is completely covered.
- VersaChem® High Temperature Exhaust System Repair Tape can be used on all conventional exhaust systems.
- Use this aluminum tape as a cosmetic feature if you have an exhaust tip installed on your tailpipe. The aluminum tape will cover the tailpipe to blend in with the new exhaust tip.