Joint & Crack Repair
Some of the most common failures in an exhaust system are simply brought on by old age. If you do not see an actual rusty hole on your tailpipe or muffler, then the exhaust gas may be escaping from the joints.
Leaks commonly occur where the exhaust pipes mate with the muffler, resonator and converter or in the seams in the shells of the muffler, resonator and converter. Any place where the pipes join together. Use VersaChem® Exhaust System Joint & Crack Sealer to seal the joints.
- The exhaust system should be cold before the repair is started.
- Clean surface of any oil, grease and rust.
- Squeeze VersaChem® Exhaust System Joint & Crack Sealer directly from the tube onto the pipe ends, joints and openings.
- Smear liberally in and around openings.
- Let set for 2 to 4 hours.