Leaking Fuel Tank
VersaChem® Heavy-Duty Fuel Tank Repair Kit is specifically made to repair gas and diesel fuel tank leaks. It will repair pinholes, rust-outs, cracks and holes up to ½” in diameter.
- Remove gas cap to vent tank. Make sure repair is being made in a well ventilated area.
- Drain tank or rub the mastic stick into the hole to temporarily stop the leak.
- Sand area about 1” around the hole to expose the bare metal. Remove dust and wipe clean.
- Cut fiberglass cloth to adequately cover sanded area.
- Before mixing the epoxy, make sure that the above steps have been completed. Epoxy will cure quickly!
You may mix the epoxy in one of two ways:
- Firmly apply pressure to lower half of pouch to burst center seam and mix contents thoroughly in the pouch (about 30 seconds) OR
- Cut one end of pouch and pour the contents into the package tray. Then cut the other end of the pouch and pour the contents into the package tray and thoroughly mix with a tongue depressor.
- Quickly apply ½ of epoxy mix over damaged area with provided brush.
- Place fiberglass reinforcing patch on epoxy and cover with remaining mix. Be sure to taper and smooth the edges.
- Wait at least 20 minutes or until patch is tack free before replacing gas cap or refilling tank.